<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Atlas Shrugs recounts a final public talk by the dying Orianna Fallaci. It's magnificent from beginning to end, but the passage I zeroed in on:

On August 27, 2005, Fallaci had a private audience with Pope Benedict XVI at Castel Gandolfo with whom she found a kindred spirit and whom she believes understands the mortal threat faced [to] Christianity by the evil of Islamofascism. The Pope loves her work. "I feel less alone when I read the books of Ratzinger." I had asked Ms. Fallaci whether there was any contemporary leader she admired, and Pope Benedict XVI was evidently a man in whom she reposed some trust. "I am an atheist, and if an atheist and a pope think the same things, there must be something true. It's that simple! There must be some human truth here that is beyond religion."

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?