<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 01, 2004

WELL, AT LEAST I WON THE BLOCK POOL

I sometimes go back and forth on whether my basic political instincts are libertarian or conservative, but tonight's Super Bowl halftime show was enough to make me want to join the Family Research Council. Watching Justin Timberlake simulate sex onstage with Janet Jackson while male dancers in drag wiggled behind them was about as skeevy a moment as I have seen on network television in memory.

I note that, immediately after airing it, CBS became the first network in history to issue an apology for a Super Bowl halftime show.

What I'm saying is that freedom of expression is a real right, but I think the right of parents not to have their children sexualized at public events is a greater, superceding right.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?