<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 29, 2004

LotR:TRotK deserved every one of its Oscars, and I thought the Academy did a better-than-usual job (with the exception of Sean Penn beating out Bill Murray). Even the political screeds of previous years were kept to a minimum.

But I can't figure out why. Normally, the Weinstein brothers are always able to buy their way to the big awards (ref. Shakespeare in Love beating out Saving Private Ryan.), but this year they couldn't even get a Best Picture nomination for Cold Mountain. Tonight it was like the Academy was seized. mostly, by a wave of taste.

But the political stuff is easier to figure out. Last year's Michael Moore onstage antiwar filibuster was an embarrassment that even the staunchest of Hollywood lefties hated (the early-on montage included a shot of Moore being stomped on by a LotR Mumakil to audience applause).

Comments:
I blog quite often and I truly thank you for your information.
This article has really peaked my interest. I'm going to book mark your site and keep checking for new information about once per week. I opted in for your RSS feed as well.

My web-site ... Psn Code Generator - Youtube.Com -
 
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?