<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, February 08, 2004

I was at the auction in Port Richmond today buying some Department 56 crap, and I ran into someone I hadn't seen in at least 15 years, my old English professor at West Chester. I had lost track of her over the years, and when I thought of her, it was with that regret you have when you aren't sure if the person is still alive. (She is in her seventies now). Being internet-unsavvy, she hadn't been able to keep track of any of us, her former students: She didn't know that my friend Ian had published books, for example. She still spends several weeks a year in Europe, and still lives, as it turns out, in Society Hill Towers. It was just an odd moment: She was the last person I would have expected to see among the crowd at a gift shop consignment auction in Little Poland, Philadelphia, PA. Small world.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?