<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, July 05, 2003

WHEN I COME HOME FEELING TIRED AND MEAN, I GO UP TO WHERE THE AIR IS FRESH AND CLEAN

Actually, not so much. I was up on the roof of the store today cleaning the crap out of the gutters, where sediment had so clogged the things that there were hundreds of little maple saplings growing out of them. Last month's heavy rains had left inches of black, stagnant water in the gutters that stank to high heaven. I had gloves and a trowel to scrape this stuff out and shovel it over the side onto the grass behind the store. The process took me about an hour. It was in the mid-90s with high humidity. The job of course fell to me because everyone else was either ladder-phobic or spider-phobic. Since none of my phobias had to do with ladders or creatures that might be lurking in gutters, it fell to me.

Once in a while, I am just in the mood for doing vile physical labor like that, and that should do me for a while.

Quote of the day:
"Let it be noted that N!xau [the Namibian tribesman who starred in The Gods Must Be Crazy and who died today] was a better actor than Keanu Reeves."
--anonymous poster on FR

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?