<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, July 22, 2003

1. Your name backwards?
niwdE.

2. Your parents' birthplace?
My siblings will kill me if I get this wrong...Lansford, PA, and....I forget where my dad was born. Either Mystic, CT, or Catasauqua, PA, I think.

3. Last download?
Never did it, being a lowly dial-up person.

4. Favourite restaurant?
The Dilworthtown Inn.

5. Last swim in a pool?
Can't remember. Likely on a ski trip 10 years ago.

6. Ever been in a school play?
Never. *still traumatized*

7. How many kids do you want?
Never thought about it.

8. Type of music you dislike most?
White rap.

9. Registered to vote?
Of course. My sister is only now forgiving me for failing to vote in the 1996 election because I was living abroad.

10. Have cable?
TV, yes. HBO, no Showtime.

11. Ever ridden a moped?
No

12. Ever prank call anyone?
I really, really hate prank calls. At the thought of them I become Moe from The Simpsons: "IF I EVER FIND OUT WHO THIS IS...."

13. Ever get a parking ticket?
The city of Philadelphia regards tickets as an integral part of their revenue, so, yes, pretty much every other time I've parked there. It's still cheaper than paying to park in most lots there anyway. Somewhere I have a collection of parking tickets from different European cities that I treasure, though.

14. Would you bungee jump or sky-dive?
Uh, no. I'd spectate, thank you.

15. Furthest place you've travelled?
West: San Francisco in 2001 with Quan and her sister Lien to visit a person we worked with.
South: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, 1978. "Hey, I can take a little bit of sun. I burn, but only a little. No big deal. What's that? We're in the what? The tropics? Why should that make a difference?" (all prior to the worst skin poisoning I've ever had). That train trip back to Arizona, where I got on the second-class car by mistake and sat with the ladies with the chickens in their cages on the seats next to them for ten hours, was, shall we say, memorable.
North: Montreal, I guess. 2000 was the last time I was there, I think, to visit Jean Vanaise. That's Western Hemisphere. The furthest north I have ever been was Copenhagen, Denmark.
East: I think it was the city of Bratislava in Slovakia. I wanted to go further, but my rental car wasn't insured in Eastern Europe.

16. Have a garden?
I did when I had my house in Crum Lynne. Now I am content getting my little lawn cut.

17. Favourite comic strip?
Calvin and Hobbes, and Stan Drake's old soap strip The Heart of Juliet Jones.

18. Know all the words to your National Anthem?
Yep.

19. Bath or shower?
Shower

20. Best movie seen in last month?
(Theater) 28 Days Later (home) Heavenly Creatures.

21. Favourite pizza topping?
Prosciutto.

22. Chips or popcorn?
Big popcorn fan, but I live for greasy chips.

23. Colour of lipstick usually worn?
No, I'm not a goth, though I have several goth friends and customers.

24. Ever smoked peanut shells?
There must be better uses for peanut shells.

26. Orange juice or apple juice?
Not a juice person, but of the two definitely OJ, as AJ is too sweet.

27. Last person you went to dinner with, and where?
A bunch of people (Bob, Sheila, Megan, Stu, Ed Smith, and a customer) to Dos Amigos in Feasterville last Saturday night.

28. Favourite chocolate bar?
I love those carb-free chocolate ones (not the chewy inedible ones, but the ones that seem to be real chocolate.

29. Last time you voted?
In this year's primary, May of 2003.

30. Last time you ate a homegrown tomato?
I had some of a friend's homemade salsa a week ago made from tomatoes from his garden, yum.

31. Ever won a trophy?
Nope. They don't have international Trivial Pursuit championships yet.

32. Are you a good cook?
Not bad when motivated.

34. Ever order an article from an infomercial?
I cannot imagine doing this.

35. Sprite or Seven Up?
Diet Sprite.

36. Ever had to wear a uniform to work?
Thank God, no.

37. Last thing you bought at a pharmacy?
After running the other night, I got some cold Fruit2O from the Walgreen's down the street, which hit the spot.

38. Ever throw up in public?
In my drinking days, apparently. (I have no memory of it, but I am told)

39. Prefer to be a millionaire or find true love?
Doesn't look like either will happen to me, so I'll fantasize about the money, which is likelier.

40. Believe in love at first sight?
Lust at first sight, yes, but love is contingent on getting to know the person.

41. Ever call a 1-900 number?
No, but the burglars who broke into my old house did, for some $500 worth of calls which I thankfully did not have to pay for.

42. Can ex's be friends?
In theory.

43. Last person you visited in hospital?
My sister in December 2001, I think.

44. Did you have a lot of hair as a baby?
No, the hair didn't kick in for a while, and was really thin and white-blonde when it did..

45. Answering machine message?
"Hi this is Ed. Leave a message." That's when I turn it on, which is rarely.

46. Favourite 'Saturday Night Live' character?
It's still Wayne and Garth.

47. Name of first pet?
Bingo the cat.

49. Favourite thing to do before bed-time?
Read.

50. One thing you are grateful for today?
My life.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?