<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 08, 2003

I went to my first Baha'i event in a while, a Race Unity picnic in Glassboro, NJ. Catherine had brought it to my attention, and I hadn't seen any of those people in a while, so I went.

I've always enjoyed Baha'i gatherings of more than a few people, because they are so--more than any mixed grouping of people I've ever been with in my life--genuinely free of race-consciousness: Everyone checks their prejudices and resentments at the door. And I love that. It was all the things I like about the Baha'i Faith, and none of what I have problems with.

My estrangement from the Baha'i Faith grew out of the Faith's overall growing politicization and its inexplicable faith in corrupt international organizations like the UN. But that's a rant for another day.

Tonight I ran one continuous mile for the first time in five years. Whoo-hoo!

And the most unintentionally hilarious news story of the year award goes to this twitching slab of goat cheese published in tomorrow's Independent. It is a multileveled masterpiece beyond measure of sheer cluelessness.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?