<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 03, 2003

SO LIKE I WAS SAYING

It was great to spend some time with my sister, even though she is fully in the throes of EverQuest addiction. You may know the feeling--the nagging sensation that this person would rather be gutting a Ruritanian Chaos Gnoll with a bunch of fifteen-year-olds than talking to you. But I had missed her nonetheless, and while we didn't have our usual multiple-hour conversations, we did talk for a while about that book of endless delights, Paul Johnson's The Intellectuals. And all of her kids were there, and I had missed them terribly.

I have basically finished with Against the Odds # 4, except for the final proofing. But there is the oddly-difficult process of building an article inventory for the forthcoming issues. I met with Steve at the store Saturday and we talked about this--he's commisioned a bunch from our most prolific writer Andy Nunez, and may have to slap pseudonyms on some of them if we don't get more contributions soon (I mentioned the career of the science fiction writer Robert Silverberg in the fifties when he was so prolific that he would write entire issues of Famous Fantastic Mysteries or somesuch by himself under five or six different pseudonyms). But the work is never done. I have to look over an article that was partially published in the final issue of a defunct magazine and see if we want it for ATO with the parts that weren't published.

And Saturday was busy at the store, and with the car problem I didn't get home until 1:30 in the morning. This past weekend was the first time I have ever felt like I'm working 3 jobs. But of course I *am* working three jobs. I'm only starting to notice.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?